Frequently Asked Questions
- How long have you been building decks?
- Are you insured?
- Yes! We carry a million dollar liability policy as required by our numerous home building clients.
- Do you offer a warranty?
- Yes. As of 1/1/2008 we offer a full one year 100% warranty on your new deck with a five year warranty on the frame for all installations on or after 1/1/2008.
- What are the available materials?
- We use traditional lumbers such as cedar, ACQ treated lumber and IPE (ironwood), as well as composite decking. For detailed information on all of these materials, please review our Materials page.
- Which is best?
- Depending on your taste and the project purpose:
- Traditional woods materials have a natural feel, and are structurally sound but require annual protection from the rain and sun (weatherproofing). Traditional wood decks will warp, and splinter to some degree even with regular maintenance.
- Composite materials will not warp, splinter, decay or rot, composites require specific installation methods for material expansion, and they do require periodic cleaning and will fade over time.
- Is a building permit required?
- for new construction a building permit is almost always required. Part of Deck Techs service is to attain the permit for you. A permit will certify that your deck meets national building codes.
- Is there a charge for designing and estimating?
- No. We will happily give you a detailed estimate. Just contact us to schedule a visit at the project site.
- What is your geographic coverage?
- We serve all of eastern Pennsylvania and the surrounding areas.
- How much does a deck cost?
- The price of a deck will vary depending on size, access, elevation, type of materials used, accessories, etc. Since estimates are free, we recommend you schedule a visit to the site so the cost determination will be accurate.
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- We accept cash, checks, and all major credits cards.
- How long will it take you to build my deck?
- A typical deck will take two days to a week to build and will be completed most often within three weeks from your order date.
- What will happen when the materials are delivered to my home?
- Materials used to build your custom deck will be placed in the best and most logical area for the construction process, this location will be discussed prior to delivery.
- What will happen to my lawn?
- During the construction process there will be a high volume of foot traffic in your yard due to setting up equipment, installing lumber, and machinery used to excavate the decks pier foundation. Deck Tech Inc. offers a manual excavating option at customer request.
- What other services do you offer?
- We offer porches/ deck covers, pergolas/ arbors, outdoor kitchens/ bars, privacy walls, benches, planters, deck lighting packages, and other custom details ,as well as restoration and repairs on existing decks.
Copyright © 2005-2008 by DeckTech Inc.